Auditions for the 2023-24 season are now open for those who would like to do it entirely online.
- Fill out the Audition Form.
- Send a video of yourself singing one verse of “I Know That My Redeemer Lives” a cappella (without piano accompaniment) to email@example.com. Subject line should read: FIRST AND LAST NAME – Zion Choir Audition. (Example: Ima Singer – Zion Choir Audition) The video does not have to be high quality. A phone should do the trick.
- Please fill out the Parental Consent Form and get your parent to sign it. These will be collected on the first day of rehearsals.
- Successful auditioners will also need to complete the Medical Information Liability Release which will also be collected on the first day of rehearsals.
Read on to find out what Zion Choir asks of its members.
Basic requirements are for Zion Choir participants to conduct their lives according to the standards of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; if a member, to participate in seminary regularly; and to be of high school age.
1. Zion Choir rehearsals are Sundays 5:00 – 6:30 PM at the Bernal Road Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in San Jose, CA (150 Bernal Road, San Jose, CA 95119). Participants should organize their schedules and plan their schoolwork so they can attend rehearsals and performances on time and prepared.
2. If participants are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, they must be active in attending their weekly meetings and other youth functions, as well as participate regularly in Seminary. If non-members, they are encouraged to participate in their own faith’s weekly worship services or invited to participate in those of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
3. Participants must be worthy to receive a partial-use Temple Recommend.
4. An annual registration fee of $65 per participant will be collected at the beginning of each season. This money will be used to cover expenses for music and equipment. Additional money will be needed for outfits and will be collected when the order is complete.
5. Modesty in dress will be expected at all rehearsals and performances. Hair should be clean and neat with no extreme styles. See EFY standards here.